Importance Of Lens Tint While Fishing
A fisherman's choice of lens tint can make all the difference in successful fishing. It is important to select the right lens tint for the type of water and light conditions.
In this blog post, we'll discuss tips on choosing the best lens tint for your next fishing trip.
So, whether you're a seasoned fisherman or just getting started, read on to learn more!
Why is Lens Tint Important while Fishing?
Lens tint is important when fishing because it can help you see the fish more clearly and distinctly. When on the water, the sun will reflect off the surface and make it difficult to see what is below. Excellent polarization will eliminate this surface glare from the water and allow you to see details with clarity.
Wearing a pair of polarized sunglasses with the correct lens tint can make the natural colors of the fish or underwater structure more obvious to the fisherman. Solar Bat has developed performance polarized tints that are specific to the species and water clarity the fisherman encounters In addition, different lens tints can also help to enhance contrast and improve your depth perception. This can be especially helpful when trying to spot fish in shallow water.
Whether you are an experienced angler or just starting out, choosing the right lens tint for your sunglasses can give you a big advantage on the water.
How to Choose the Best Lens Tint for Fishing?
With so many different lens tints to choose from, it can be difficult to know which one is best for your fishing conditions. Here are a few things to keep in mind when selecting the right lens tint for your next fishing trip:
- Consider the water color you will be fishing. If you are fishing in clear water, Solar Bat’s Mossback green or amber tint is the lens of choice.. This will help you see the fish more easily. However, if you are fishing in murky or muddy water, the Mossback green tint is your best choice. This pure green lens will actually bleach out the muddy water making it look less muddy by about 20%. In tannic water the lens tint of choice is Solar Bat’s Hi Contrast Yellow.
- Consider the time of day you will be fishing. If you are fishing during the daytime, a darker lens tint is best. This will help to reduce the brightness of the sun. However, if you are fishing at night or in low-light conditions, a lighter lens tint is better.
- Consider the type of fish you are trying to catch. If you are fishing for species that are predominantly green in color, then Mossback green will make the fish more visible. For species predominantly brown in coloration, then the amber lens tint should be the choice.
The benefits of lens tint in fishing:
Having the proper lens tint while fishing can provide many benefits. Here are a few of the most important benefits:
- Lens tint and polarization enable you to see the fish more clearly.
- Lens tint will reduce the brightness of the sun and polarization will eliminate surface glare..
- Lens tint can help improve contrast and depth perception.
- Match lens tint to the species and conditions and see the fish more distinctly.
No matter what kind of fishing you do, choosing the right lens tint can make a big difference. Be sure to consider the factors mentioned above when selecting the best lens tint for your next fishing trip!
Related video to Fishing Sunglasses: