Why Are Polarized Lenses the Best Choice?
Welcome to the world of incredible sight, tailor-made to suit your vision needs.
When it comes to choosing sunglasses, there are various factors to consider. One crucial feature that stands out among the rest is polarization.
In this blog, we will explore why polarized lenses are the best choice for sunglasses.
What are Polarized Lenses?
Polarized lenses are a type of specialized lens commonly used in sunglasses.
The lenses contain a unique film that reduces glare from horizontal surfaces and thus improves visual clarity. This will help you comfortably see the world.
What are the Benefits of Polarized Lenses?
- Minimizing Glare: Glare is a common visual annoyance experienced in many outdoor activities. It occurs when intense light reflects off horizontal surfaces such as water, snow, or roads, causing discomfort and decreased visibility. Glare is to your vision as static is to your hearing. Polarized lenses enhance visual comfort by eliminating glare, making them an excellent choice for driving, outdoor sports, and various outdoor activities.
- Increased Visual Clarity: One of the advantages of polarized lenses is their ability to improve the way you see everything around you. This is why polarized lenses are the best for sunglasses. They’re perfect for anyone who spends time outdoors and can help improve your vision in high-glare situations.
- UV Protection: UV protection sunglasses protect your eyes from harmful sun rays. Polarized lenses provide superior protection against harmful ultraviolet (UV) rays.
- Reduced Eye Fatigue: Constant exposure to bright sunlight and glare can strain your eyes, leading to eye fatigue and discomfort. Polarized lenses help eye fatigue by minimizing the amount of light entering your eyes and reducing the need to squint.
- Versatility and Fashion: Apart from their functional benefits, polarized lenses come in various tints and with various mirror coatings making them versatile and fashionable.
How to Choose the Right Polarized Lenses
Choosing the right polarized lenses for your sunglasses involves considering various factors to ensure optimal eye protection and visual comfort.
Here are some other key considerations to help you make the right choice:
- Quality of Polarization: Ensure that your polarized lenses are high quality. Not all polarized lenses are created equal. In the USA a lens has to have 51% polarization to claim to be polarized. This is so low that the wearer will not even recognize the difference. To have maximum effect a polarized lens should have at least 97% polarization and the best lenses have in excess of 99% polarization.
- UV Protection: As with any sunglass lens make sure the polarized lenses offer 100% UV protection.
- Lens Material: Consider the material of the lenses. Unless specially treated, glass polarized lenses tend to delaminate (split apart) and cannot be treated to resist impact. Hard resin lenses are lighter weight than plastic but do not offer maximum impact resistance. Polycarbonate lenses are the lightest in weight and offer maximum impact resistance. The best lenses, no matter what the material, have the polarizing film laminated between two layers of lens material. Cheaper lenses have the polarizing film glued to the front surface of the lens where the film can be damaged or peel off.
Remember that not all styles will look good on everyone when choosing the best-polarized sunglasses for your face shape.
For example, aviator-style sunglasses may not be the best choice if you have a round face. Instead, go for a pair with rectangular or square lenses that can help elongate your face.
On the other hand, if you have an oval or heart-shaped face, almost any style of polarized sunglasses will look great on you.
Remember to choose the style that you enjoy the most and one that suits your face type.
Caring for Polarized Lenses
Proper care and maintenance are essential to ensure your lenses last longer.
By following these tips, you can keep your polarized lenses in optimal condition:
*Insert Numbering Format*
- Clean with Microfiber Cloth: Use a microfiber cloth specifically for eyewear to clean your polarized lenses.
- Use Lens Cleaning Solution: If your lenses require more than a dry wipe, use a lens cleaning solution specifically formulated for eyewear.
- Rinse with Water: If your lenses have dirt or debris, rinse them under lukewarm water before cleaning. If you dry wipe the lenses you have the chance of scratching the lens surface.
Discover the Unmatched Visual Performance of Polarized Lenses
Polarized lenses are the best as they outperform other types of sunglass lenses. When choosing sunglasses, you must prioritize visual acuity and eye comfort. And Dr. Gary Nesty, optometrist and owner of Solar Bat, always has your eyes' best interests in mind.
Introducing our Performance Polarized Series Sunglasses built with premium TR90 frame material. We're not kidding around when we say this is the crème de la crème of sunglass construction. It's lightweight, durable, and offers unrivaled comfort for all-day wear.
Once you slip on a pair of these Performance Polarized sunglasses, you'll understand why we're so confident. Your world will transform into a crystal-clear paradise where harsh glares and harmful UV rays are a distant memory. It's like seeing the world in high definition!
Are you ready to step into a world of unparalleled clarity and style?
Try a pair of our Performance Polarized Series sunglasses, and get ready to witness the world in a whole new light. Your eyes will thank you and wonder how you ever lived without them.